What's new

Food & Stuff

Two things I didn’t know ever went together
Me either. We eat there a few times a year and decided to try it. It comes with salad, bread, ravioli and spaghetti. It kinda works together.

Two things I didn’t know ever went together
When I can pry myself away from their pork chop and beans, or their coal miners special, I get their lamb fries, which comes with spaghetti, salad, and all the fixings. It’s pretty damn good. They have a steak and spaghetti meal too, I think.

I don't know if I saw it here or somewhere else and I'm not going thru 20 pages of posts, but this is an excellent crock pot recipe.

Sear a roast on all sides.

Put it in a crock pot.
Add a full jar of pepperoncini peppers (I use the sliced) juice and all.
Add a packet of dry Italian dressing mix
Add a packet of dry brown gravy mix
Add a packet of onion soup mix

Cook until the roast is tender enough to shred. Shred fully. Cook an additional 30 minutes.

Put on an Italian hoagie roll.

It's fantastic. It's our favorite Sunday meal other than pot roast.

Eazy peazy. The hardest part is searing the roast.

I don't know if I saw it here or somewhere else and I'm not going thru 20 pages of posts, but this is an excellent crock pot recipe.

Put it in a crock pot.

Cook until the roast is tender enough to shred. Shred fully. Cook an additional 30 minutes.

Sounds similar to how my woman does roasts.

She does the pot on the stove stove or oven roasts, unless she's in hurry to get done, then she uses pressure cooker.

For quick pressure cooked roast, she pan sears it with browning setting on the pressure cooker,

After seared, she then adds the la borinqueña seasoning & spoonful of sofrito, chopped onions, garlic, taters and bit of liquid, then pressure cooks it.

When done she removes the large chunks, puts corn starch in the liquid to make gravy, cooks a bit to thicken, then it's dinner time.

Put it in a crock pot.

Mississippi pot roast… at least that’s what my wife calls it.