What's new

Food & Stuff

Deer Backstraps from this past special season hunt. I didn't get one, but these are from my buddies doe he killed. Topped them with some Lowry's, Garlic Powder and a fat piece of Arkansas bacon. 200 for the last 45 minutes over Mesquite on the Pit Boss and sprits with Apple Juice every 20-30 minutes.
1722026128213.png
1722026138982.png

I made Oso Bucco tonight for the first time. Made it in the Dutch oven on the charcoal grill. Came out beautiful, and putting it on top of some Parmesan polenta knocked it out of the park. It will get made again.

IMG_4965.jpeg

Needed a reset meal after a week of shitty eating. This is my reward though for fasting today. Ribeye and 5 farm fresh scrambled eggs. This should hold me over till 5:00pm tomorrow.

IMG_6299.jpeg

Did you cook that in a skillet?

I'm not ready for that sorcery just yet. Not sure my heart can take it.

For breakfast I fried up some leftover lengua with jalapeños, onions, and part of a bell pepper. Eggs, and leftover stuffed bell pepper rice.
IMG_4999.jpeg
I need to learn how to make my own tortillas. Past attempts have been awful.

For breakfast I fried up some leftover lengua with jalapeños, onions, and part of a bell pepper. Eggs, and leftover stuffed bell pepper rice.
View attachment 6450
I need to learn how to make my own tortillas. Past attempts have been awful.
Flour tortillas are easy,
Like extra white guy easy. Lard, flour water. Even Rickn could do it. You need to learn how to make corn tortillas. Those are real tortillas

• LMAO
Reactions: GC7
Like extra white guy easy. Lard, flour water. Even Rickn could do it. You need to learn how to make corn tortillas. Those are real tortillas
Yes,

and a Mexican chick knows how to make corn tortillas, flour tortillas, real tamales & all kinds of Mexican foods

Run around with a mexican chick, they know tortillas scratch made.

That was almost all I dated before I met my wife. 10 years or so of dodging chanclas and being called wedo. They all bought the uncooked frozen ones because “fuck all that extra work”.

My flour tortillas always come out tough for some reason. Just need to keep at it really.

I love me some corn tortillas, but the wife doesn’t. So they get the back burner on learning sadly.

That was almost all I dated before I met my wife. 10 years or so of dodging chanclas and being called wedo. They all bought the uncooked frozen ones because “fuck all that extra work”.

My flour tortillas always come out tough for some reason. Just need to keep at it really.

I love me some corn tortillas, but the wife doesn’t. So they get the back burner on learning sadly.
Sounds like you ran around with mexican chicks born & raised here in the states,

South of the border mexican chicks make tortillas daily.

Tortillas you're making sound like those made for tostadas or chalupas.

Meh, don't matter where they're made, or who makes them.

South of the border style tortillas put the ones we get up here to shame, even the ones sold in most mex groceries here are a bit Americanized

Yes,

and a Mexican chick knows how to make corn tortillas, flour tortillas, real tamales & all kinds of Mexican foods
My Ma, who is Comanche, and well versed in Mexicana, could make anything Mexican. Her flour tortillas rivaled any Mexican Nana’s shit and her tamales and corn tortillas were to die for. Legit. I and my brother just try to replicate it. I remember an old family friend, who was Mexican to the core, Sylvia Carrasco, saying my Ma’s tamales were the best in town. They were amazed a white NDN could make better food than her Mexican sisters.

My Ma, who is Comanche, and well versed in Mexicana, could make anything Mexican. Her flour tortillas rivaled any Mexican Nana’s shit and her tamales and corn tortillas were to die for. Legit. I and my brother just try to replicate it. I remember an old family friend, who was Mexican to the core, Sylvia Carrasco, saying my Ma’s tamales were the best in town. They were amazed a white NDN could make better food than her Mexican sisters.
Hellofadeal, it great when someone up here makes them old style way,

I didn't know the difference in tortillas until I spent a lil time down south in durango,

Taste & texture was a bit different in a good way,

seen a few of the mex eat stew/soup in a rolled up tortilla & not spill a drop.

You can get real deal fresh tortillas at any Mexican supermarket. They are in the Igloo coolers near the meat section.

They don't stay shelf stable though so better eat them quick lol.