What's new

Food & Stuff

Made two tri-tips for Father’s Day lunch. Simple OG Santa Maria style. Salt, pepper, garlic, onion, olive oil. Oak fire. Topped with my famous chimichurri. Scratch Mac and cheese, tomato and cucumber salad, flan and pumpkin pie for dessert. Damn good, everybody enjoyed it, most of the family hadn’t had it before.

Makes me want to build a Santa Maria style grill.

Damn, my woman made up sirloins, bacon & cheddar stuffed burgers, grilled potato salad and garden salad.

All I had to do was fire up the pellet grill & put in the smoke box, stay outta the way while she cooked, then eat a fine dinner with a frosted coke from the freezer.

Made two tri-tips for Father’s Day lunch. Simple OG Santa Maria style. Salt, pepper, garlic, onion, olive oil. Oak fire. Topped with my famous chimichurri. Scratch Mac and cheese, tomato and cucumber salad, flan and pumpkin pie for dessert. Damn good, everybody enjoyed it, most of the family hadn’t had it before.

Makes me want to build a Santa Maria style grill.
Tri-tip Santa Maria is my.go to special occasion meal. In the Central Valley it was always served at weddings and funerals.

We use to build Santa Maria grills in high school welding class. They would go on a trailer to be towed to special occasions.

Tri-tip Santa Maria is my.go to special occasion meal. In the Central Valley it was always served at weddings and funerals.

We use to build Santa Maria grills in high school welding class. They would go on a trailer to be towed to special occasions.
It’s such a damn good thing to make. Simple, delicious, reasonably priced. I can manage to cook it to where I have a bit of medium for the heathens in my family, and medium rare/rare on the other end for everyone else. The only way I’ll make steak for a group.

Hell yeah, had a onion smash burger last night.

When not too lazy I'll make griddled onion smash taters for the side,

That's starts out like a onion burger cook but with left over whole boiled tater with skin on that gets smashed down & loaded up like you like your baked tater but it's griddled with a bit of crisp.