What's new

Food & Stuff

lol reminds me of when my best friends wife was pregnant, and she would hulk out on us when we were making spam at 5am for breakfast. This was roughly the same time that we thought we would be helpful by doing the dishes for her at 530.

We weren’t that bright.

Luckily, my wife sleeps through everything and likes spam. She doesn’t care about canned cbh as long as she doesn’t have to eat it.
Spam is banned too. I have to cook it on the grill burner

Smoked herring in a can. Typically fillets, no semi soft bones or heads to deal with. The bat harbor salt and pepper ones are my favorite, followed closely by the German imported Rugenfisch Kippers in Mustard Sauce.

1703648885735.jpeg

Put it on a ritz cracker, throw a little cheese wiz on it, you’re in business. If you wanna get fancy, some aged Havarti and paper thin sliced onion works nicely too.

Nice. I'll have to try these.

Smoked herring in a can. Typically fillets, no semi soft bones or heads to deal with. The bat harbor salt and pepper ones are my favorite, followed closely by the German imported Rugenfisch Kippers in Mustard Sauce.

View attachment 552

Put it on a ritz cracker, throw a little cheese wiz on it, you’re in business. If you wanna get fancy, some aged Havarti and paper thin sliced onion works nicely too.
This man knows his deenz

Nice. I'll have to try these.
Definitely. They’re one of my go to hunting/fishing/backpacking snacks and honestly a real treat. I don’t even like sardines or any of that stuff usually. I do like anchovies in my cessation salad though. I also use kippers for emergency food when Clyde won’t eat due to being too excited to go hunting/won’t eat because we are out hunting. He never turns them down. They’re like crack for humans and dogs.

View attachment 552

If you like those, try these sometime. I know they look gross af but they're great on a cracker. $7 at Super Walmart.

51ruDoh6QlL.jpg

My wife's B-Day was yesterday and she wanted to go to that Ramsey’s Kitchen out by Cabelas.

I’ve gotta say it was darn good, but it was a little on the high side.

We had jumbo crab cake, parker rolls, she had fish and chips and I had the NY Strip and mac and cheese, cause they didn't have a a rib eye.

For desert they brought her a sticky toffee pudding which was really a date cake and gosh dang that was fricken awesome.

Kinda like Cowcatcher, I should’ve ordered medium rare and they brought it medium well, still good eating though.

My wife's B-Day was yesterday and she wanted to go to that Ramsey’s Kitchen out by Cabelas.

We had jumbo crab cake, parker rolls, she had fish and chips and I had the NY Strip and mac and cheese, cause they didn't have a a rib eye.

For desert they brought her a sticky toffee pudding which was really a date cake and gosh dang that was fricken awesome.

Kinda like Cowcatcher, I should’ve ordered medium rare and they brought it medium well, still good eating though.
Sounds like she had a good birthday. The only thing that I hate about eating a big meal in the city is the drive back home. I know that we both have a pretty good drive between us and the big city.

The wife and I went there not long ago. Had some appetizers and main was Beef Wellington. The wife got fish and chips (haddock, not cod) it all came perfect. I had absolutely zero complaints. The service was top notch and we wanted for nothing. The price wasn’t surprising at all, I knew what was coming.
I’ll say it was better than his Hells Kitchen place in Vegas. I’d recommend to anyone.

The fish at his Fish and Chips joint in Vegas was the best though…fresh cod.

The wife and I went there not long ago. Had some appetizers and main was Beef Wellington. The wife got fish and chips (haddock, not cod) it all came perfect. I had absolutely zero complaints. The service was top notch and we wanted for nothing. The price wasn’t surprising at all, I knew what was coming.
I’ll say it was better than his Hells Kitchen place in Vegas. I’d recommend to anyone.

The fish at his Fish and Chips joint in Vegas was the best though…fresh cod.
We have watched that Hells Kitchen show around here for years. I’ve always been curious about the beef Wellington. Nowhere I know to order one up here. I’ve told my wife we need to try and make some.