What's new

Range Day Pic Thread

While I enjoy the home made attempt, a real high end barrel cooler is a machined cartridge case to accept a high pressure line and regulator hooked to a nitrogen tank to blow cold nitrogen through the bore.....and no, im not kidding about that either. I guess that is so you can get a real cold bore shot (-320°F). 😂
Do you have a link? Iv not heard of those. They sound pretty cool

No, most are home made. If you go this route it is far easier to use a CO2 tank. Get a tank, a regulator, and a hose about the size of your chamber. All of that can be found at a brew shop. Like an 18# CO2 tank and regulator......BUT!!!! if you get the barrel too cool you can easily end up with condensation in the bore, and water doesn't help with pressure or grouping😁

No, most are home made. If you go this route it is far easier to use a CO2 tank. Get a tank, a regulator, and a hose about the size of your chamber. All of that can be found at a brew shop. Like an 18# CO2 tank and regulator......BUT!!!! if you get the barrel too cool you can easily end up with condensation in the bore, and water doesn't help with pressure or grouping😁
Are speaking from experience? Was Rock using c02 on his?

No, no experience, but I know a couple prairie dog guys who use CO2. I've never worried about barrel heat that much. The damage done to the barrel is from the "cutting torch" flame from the powder burning, not with sustained heat.

Mine is just a battery powered fan. It's made to replace cans of air for blowing dust etc off. I just modified a tube for cooling my barrel and can. I'm not near as concerned with barrel heat (I usually only have a few rounds) I'm trying to keep mirage down from that giant insulated heat brick on the end of my barrel.

Doesn't you muffler cuzzi take care of a few rounds of mirage?

Goddamned thunder & lightning with only a sprinkling drizzle ⛈️ for few hours here.