What's new

Food & Stuff

Forget to mention 60 plus hours a week on the normal.
Where are you working? Oklahoma or other states?

I’m PMing you. This is destroying the food thread lol

25 to 30 a hour. 130 to 150 a day per diem. Starting out. Only thing is you got to climb 300 plus feet in the air.

I make more than that and I get to keep my happy ass on the ground. Wind turbines, no thank you.

Negative side is I have to weld on pipelines that don’t always have all the gas out of them or valves don’t work completely.

I’m beyond frustrated at work if I’m being completely honest. I was self employed back in Oregon doing 100% cabinet installations. I was making close to $180k the last full year (2021). We’ve obviously cut back on our spending but we took a massive pay cut coming here. Our kids better appreciate the sacrifice we made so they weren’t raised in liberal hell hole

How do ya’ll eat Pâté? I was wanting to try something new, but couldn’t find my initial target at the commissary, Limburger cheese. So I bought a pork pâté. Tried it on plain salted crackers. Not bad, but not that great either. Kinda reminds me of a bland, meatier braunschweiger. Or dog food. Couldn’t tell. The dogs were pretty eager to try it themselves.

My wife buys this for the cats. I always thought that the cats were eating better than me, but I feel a little better now after reading the review by @HoLeChit
Friskies-Pate-Wet-Cat-Food-Poultry-Platter-5-5-oz-Can_5c41a6b3-01b2-4a4c-b6c9-9baa94e2ef21.af64902ee98030a3ade54588118f2828.jpeg

Took the girls to a place called J. Farleys. They call it the Mannimal. Supposedly 1 pound of beef. I added grilled onions, chili and beer cheese. That combined with some beer battered fries and an oatmeal stout followed by a red Yule shoot I’m feeling about right now. Now I getting just sit here and maintain this good feeling drinkin Yuengling light until it’s bedtime.
6F4D63B5-53F9-4958-A8B4-A3C6F0F61BC7.jpeg

Took the girls to a place called J. Farleys. They call it the Mannimal. Supposedly 1 pound of beef. I added grilled onions, chili and beer cheese. That combined with some beer battered fries and an oatmeal stout followed by a red Yule shoot I’m feeling about right now. Now I getting just sit here and maintain this good feeling drinkin Yuengling light until it’s bedtime.
View attachment 1204
I’m farting like an old fat gray mare just looking at that pic. Looks delicious!

I’m beyond frustrated at work if I’m being completely honest. I was self employed back in Oregon doing 100% cabinet installations. I was making close to $180k the last full year (2021). We’ve obviously cut back on our spending but we took a massive pay cut coming here. Our kids better appreciate the sacrifice we made so they weren’t raised in liberal hell hole
I hear you, I am now up to 55% of what I use to make.

How do ya’ll eat Pâté? I was wanting to try something new, but couldn’t find my initial target at the commissary, Limburger cheese. So I bought a pork pâté. Tried it on plain salted crackers. Not bad, but not that great either. Kinda reminds me of a bland, meatier braunschweiger. Or dog food. Couldn’t tell. The dogs were pretty eager to try it themselves.
I generally dont like it, but there was this French place cafepress in Seattle that had an amazing chicken pate served with whole grain mustard, cornichons, and dried cherries. Made me rethink my whole position on the dish. Pork pate taste like dog food and dirt. Sadly cafe press is no longer with us. It was perhaps my favorite restaurant, you could start the day or end the night with a perfect latte, croque Madame and a fresh squeezed Orange Juice screwdriver. Open from 6 am to 2 am. Sadly it closed shortly after I left and I could not make a final trip as the government banned me from all restaurants for not taking the clot shot.

1704719051930.png

I generally dont like it, but there was this French place cafepress in Seattle that had an amazing chicken pate served with whole grain mustard, cornichons, and dried cherries. Made me rethink my whole position on the dish. Pork pate taste like dog food and dirt. Sadly cafe press is no longer with us. It was perhaps my favorite restaurant, you could start the day or end the night with a perfect latte, croque Madame and a fresh squeezed Orange Juice screwdriver. Open from 6 am to 2 am. Sadly it closed shortly after I left and I could not make a final trip as the government banned me from all restaurants for not taking the clot shot.

View attachment 1223

The condiments make sense. Do you just smear it on crackers/bread?

Just ate a big ass ribeye. I have said it once and I’ll say it again… Air fryer steaks are the second best steaks ever.

Second only to charcoal.

Just ate a big ass ribeye. I have said it once and I’ll say it again… Air fryer steaks are the second best steaks ever.

Second only to charcoal.
Hmmm, I’ve got an air fryer but haven’t used it much. I would have never thought to cook a steak in it. Maybe I’ll try a flank steak or something similar to see if I like it.