What's new

Tales from the Reloading Room

Maybe loosened up? Or twisted and I didn’t catch it?

Maybe loosened up? Or twisted and I didn’t catch it?
I've had it come loose a little over several rounds. Never missed a shot, but I'd usually check it every 10 rounds or so.

You could always increase the sensitivity setting up one or two.

The only time I have missed a shot is when it was too low on the bore axis.

Yeah I’m sure it was something simple I’m going to shoot 5 more pro tomorrow while I’m off work

Not gonna lie, that one stung alittle
1708101314834.png

It know it should feel like a score but I keep thinking about how I paid $100 today when then last time I bought LRP I paid $33. Just glad to be able to get em is what I should be thinking. I’m gonna go kick my own ungrateful ass for being a whiny lil bitch.
I get it. I'm sitting on about 900 210M's and not loading for my HMR in .308 because of it. I have a couple hundred loaded now that I'm itching to shoot....

Loaded the last 15 of this 100 rounds of brass. Hopefully this will be enough to get a zero, see what it does at 200 and 300.
20240218_190216.jpg

Saturday I zero'd a new scope for my HMR Pro in .308. Had a few rounds of unworked brass from some previous shoots. Decided to get it ready this evening.

This is the 5th loading on this brass. I've split 6 necks over the last two loadings. I think it's time to get off the couch and start annealing.

20240218_203604.jpg

I have had on case separation but never had a split neck

Saturday I zero'd a new scope for my HMR Pro in .308. Had a few rounds of unworked brass from some previous shoots. Decided to get it ready this evening.

This is the 5th loading on this brass. I've split 6 necks over the last two loadings. I think it's time to get off the couch and start annealing.

View attachment 3658
I started with flame annealing. Thinking of getting one of these machines instead of using the drill.

1708345834168.jpeg

Ended up getting an analytical balance and a new powder thrower. I also printed a stand and extension tube for my trickler. I might design something to make it powered. But for now I can throw to within .5 grains and then just trickle in, not too much. I was able to post two consecutive low SD (2.4 and 2.6) groups with this setup in my 6.5 Creedmoor.

1708393504144.png
1708393526570.png